Limerick Education Centre (LEC)
Facilities Staff Member – Part-time Contract (20hrs/wk)
Closing Date: 3:00pm on Wednesday 20th July 2022
Application Forms available at: www.lec.ie
Completed Application Forms to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Limerick Education Centre (LEC) is located in Marshal House, Dooradoyle Road, Limerick, V94HAC4.
LEC is one of 21 full-time education support centres in Ireland, each with a volunteer Management Committee, a director and staff. The 1998 Education Act, Section 37 (1) describes “education support centres” as places “in which services are provided for schools, teachers, parents, boards and other relevant persons which support them in carrying out their functions in respect of the provision of education”.
The principal activities of Limerick Education Centre include the organisation and local delivery of national programmes of teacher professional development on behalf of the Department of Education and Skills and also includes the organisation and delivery of a varied local programme of activities for teachers, school management and parents/guardians in response to local needs.
The duties of the Facilities Person will include but are not limited to:
1. opening and locking up of the Centre including un-setting and setting of the Centre alarm system as required.
2. ensuring rooms are set up for meetings and courses.
3. undertaking catering functions such as preparation of tea/coffee/biscuits and dispensing of same. This includes the laying out of cups/mugs/plates and other utensils as required and the cleaning and storage of same after use.
4. disposing of waste materials in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection as required.
5. keeping bathrooms in a clean & sanitary condition
6. disinfecting frequently touched surfaces as per Covid-19 protocols.
7. undertaking minor repairs to Centre fixtures and fittings eg. tightening of screws/bolts on furniture, maintenance of door handles, un-blocking of sinks, traps and waste pipes, internal painting, etc.
8. carrying out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
Completed application forms should be submitted in electronic format to email@example.com by 3:00pm on Wednesday 20th July 2022.
LEC processes data in compliance with current Data Protection legislation.
Limerick Education Centre is an equal opportunities employer
If you are not receiving email notifications regarding course bookings etc you may have unsubscribed from transactional emails. Please re-subscribe here Resubscribe and fix my email notifications (You will not be added to any newsletters or marketing.)
Monday to Friday
8:30am – 5:00pm
Saturdays - Available upon request
(13 June until 26 August 2022)
9:00am - 4:00pm