Junior Health Sciences Academy - Early Careers Event 2023
What is it?
This is a virtual live event hosted by the Health Sciences Academy in conjunction with Limerick & Clare Education & Training Board and Limerick Education Support Centre. It aims to provide information on careers and programmes of study in health. This is the 3rd year hosting this extremely successful event.
This event will showcase healthcare as an option for further study and career opportunities.
Building on the success of the past 2 years, and incorporating feedback from students, we have created this event to be as informative and interactive as possible.
Who is it for?
It is for Transition Year students who are curious to learn more about a career in healthcare, business in health and studying health sciences in University of Limerick.
What will students learn?
Students will hear from
• Guest speakers including patient perspectives who will share the role that healthcare professionals have had in their careers
• Healthcare staff working in hospital and community settings, sharing their career journey
• Students from University of Limerick who are studying health sciences (nursing, midwifery, medicine, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, human nutrition & dietetics, psychology and paramedic studies) and business.
• University of Limerick staff will also be on hand to give advice on programmes
• Business in Healthcare professionals working in human resources and operational services
Questions will be gathered in advance through the Padlet videos, your TY Coordinators and interactive opportunities during the event.
How can TY Coordinators and students register?
Registration for TY Coordinators and students is essential for the event: