Learning School Project (LSP)
The Learning School Project is back!
We are delighted to be in a position to re-establish the Learning School Project and I invite you to participate in this new cycle of the Learning School Project- LSP-12.
Limerick Education Centre is delighted to collaborate with Cork Education Support Centre on this exciting initiative.
The framework for this project is the development of the school as a self-evaluating school, which is a key element of current national policy with particular reference to Looking at Our School (LAOS) and School Self-Evaluation (SSE).
Participation in LSP-12 will offer your school an opportunity to explore LAOS and decide on an aspect of the Teaching and Learning Dimension to focus on in terms of SSE, school development and school improvement.
Schools that have participated in the Learning School Project over the years have benefitted hugely from their own individual, context-based innovation and development and from their participation in the LEC LSP
Community of Practice.
by Friday, 26th November if you wish for your school to be included in this year’s programme
· To develop an increased awareness of what constitutes a learning school
· To provide a vehicle for school self-evaluation and school improvement
· To develop leadership capacity by empowering staff to take on and carry out leadership roles
Participants will develop the skills of:
· Project management
· Data analysis and self-evaluation
· Facilitation & presentation
· Communication & ICT
· Reflective practice
· Identify two teachers in the school to act as team leaders – to be known as the project pair. The project pair will attend the hub sessions.
· Recruit a further 2-4 team members, ideally including a member of the senior management team.
· Engage in a process of self-evaluation to identify the teaching & learning aspect that will be the focus of the project.
· Design & implement an action/intervention to address the identified focus.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of the action/intervention
· Communicate the findings to colleagues within the school and amongst the other LSP schools.
Structure - LEC & CESC will:
· Host a network of the participating post-primary schools.
· Provide support through a series of 4/5 “Hub” meetings from December 2021 to May 2022 either face-to-face or online.
· The purpose of these meetings is to support the school as the project evolves from the planning, through implementation to evaluation and reporting stage.
· 1st Hub meeting online on December 6th at 4pm.
· Facilitate individual school visits during the period of the project either face-to-face or online. (subject to public health guidelines)
Timeline for the project:
December 2021 / January 2022
February / March 2022
Evaluation & Report Phase
We will celebrate the work of each school at a showcase event in May 2022, (subject to public health guidelines)