Comhar: Leadership Development for Assistant Principals
The Professional Development Service for Teachers (PDST) is delighted to announce the continuation for a fourth year of our programme for Assistant Principals I and Assistant Principals II for both primary and post-primary schools.
The Comhar programme is a fully funded Department of Education and Skills programme which explores leadership themes of vision, culture, role, leadership of learning and teaching, change, communication, conflict and sustainability. The Looking at Our School 2016 quality framework is utilised throughout the programme to explore high-quality teaching, learning and leadership. Comhar affords participants the opportunity to consider demands in the context of current challenges and helps school leaders build skills, knowledge and attitudes through reflection on practice, dialogue and school initiatives.
Due to public health restrictions the programme will commence online. The workshops will be held on:
November 18th, December 2nd and December 9th online between 4.30 p.m. and 6.00 p.m.
The workshops will continue on:
January 13th, January 20th, February 3rd and February 10th
in the following Education Centres, dependent on public health advice or revert to online CPD if face-to-face is not possible
• Athlone Education Centre • Blackrock Education Centre
• Carrick-on-Shannon Education Centre • Clare Education Centre
• Cork Education Centre • Donegal Education Centre
• Dublin West Education Centre • Galway Education Centre
• Kildare Education Support Centre • Kilkenny Education Centre
• Laois Education Centre • Limerick Education Centre
• Monaghan Education Centre • Sligo Education Centre
• Tralee Education Centre • Waterford Teachers' Centre
• West Cork Education Centre • Wexford Education Centre
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st of October 2021 at 5.00pm. The registration for this course can be accessed by registering on the PDST website: https://pdst.ie/onlinebooking
Each teacher must register individually. You must include your school roll number as part of the application and register under the correct sector. The programme is designed for current holders of the role of Assistant Principal I and II. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.