The Postgraduate Diploma in School Leadership (PDSL) / Dioplóma Gairmiúil i gCeannaireacht Scoile (DGCS)
The Postgraduate Diploma in School Leadership (PDSL) / Dioplóma Gairmiúil i gCeannaireacht Scoile (DGCS) is designed to prepare aspiring leaders with the knowledge, skills, confidence and qualifications for senior school leadership positions.
The programme is a collaboration between the Schools of Education at NUIG, UCD and UL - and supported by Graduate and Professional Studies at UL and is taught by key academic team leaders and researchers. The programme is jointly awarded by the University of Limerick, National University of Ireland Galway and University College Dublin.
18 months, Part-Time, Blended Learning
The Postgraduate Diploma in School Leadership is a part-time, blended learning programme consisting of 6 taught modules delivered in 12-week semester-long blocks during the academic year. Students attend an induction day in the University of Limerick prior to commencement in year 1.
SEMESTER 1: SEPT. - DEC
- Induction - University of Limerick
- Leading Learning and Teaching in the Irish context
- Professional Growth and Development
- Leading International Expert in Leadership Webinar
SEMESTER 2: JAN - MAY
- Leading School Development
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Situated Learning - School Based
- Leading International Expert in Mentoring/Coaching Webinar
SEMESTER 3: SEPT. - DEC.
- Managing the Organisation
- Developing Leadership Capacity
- Situated Learning - Organisation
- Leading International Expert in in School Development/Leadership Culture Webinar