Assessing Primary Writing – An Introduction to Comparative Judgement (PILOT) For Second Class Teachers
Attention: Teachers of Second Classes: Invitation to participate in 'Assessing Primary Writing – An Introduction to Comparative Judgement (Pilot)'
CLICK HERE to complete the expression of interest form.
*For teachers of Second Class only*
An information webinar will be held on March 2nd at 4pm. Webinar link will follow at a later date.
In partnership with Clare Education Centre and Limerick Education Centre, Mary Immaculate College and No More Marking are looking for expressions of interest from teachers of 'Second Class' to take part in a pilot initiative focusing on assessing primary writing through the use of Comparative Judgement (CJ). There are twenty places available on the pilot project.
· Participants in the Pilot Project will receive Professional development in the use of Comparative Judgement. Areas discussed will include validity, progress measures, moderation, current instructional and assessment practices for primary writing.
· Each participating class will incorporate one scaffolded writing lesson into the timetable in a dedicated week by completing a specific one-page writing task (possibly in April/early May).
· The individual writing pieces will then be uploaded to Comparative Judgement software for anonymous judging.
· Participating teachers will engage in judging. Each judgement typically takes 20 sec – 1min on average
· Detailed information for each pupil and some levels of measurement to indicate relative writing proficiency will be provided
· Teachers will also receive an evidence based report of writing performance that can be used to support School Development Plans
· Ongoing support will be provided to assist teachers in implementing all aspects of the project.
· More Information: Check out https://www.nomoremarking.com/
- For teachers of Second Class only
- Places will be allocated on a First Come, First Served Basis.