FÍS Storyboard Storytelling Competition
Primary schools around Ireland are being invited to take part in the FÍS Storyboard Storytelling Competition. Here, whole classes or groups/pods within a class can create a joint three-page A4 or A3 storyboard, constructing their story around one of the suggested themes below or they can get creative and come up with their very own story to visually represent.
The suggested storyboard themes include:
· Covid related – ‘2020 a-year-of-change’
· Everyday heroes, e.g. a day-in-the-life of someone in your community who supports others
· Staycation- promoting your locality and all it has to offer
· Local History / Folklore (suggested supporting resource www.duchas.ie)
· Scéalta as Gaeilge
· Curriculum relevant topics, e.g. environmental exploration, climate change, history, science, etc.
· Well being, eg. Internet safety, anti-bullying, digital citizenship
· Time capsule, e.g. school of the future, letters to grandchildren, a snapshot of time
· An adaptation of a traditional story/fairytale with a modern-day twist
· FÍS film making in schools – what would that be like in the future?
· The pupils' own original story
Further details are available on the project website, www.fisfilmproject.ie