NIPT Primary Professional Support Team Summer Course
· Designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to be effective Professional Support Team (PST) members to support and guide newly qualified teachers (NQTs) through the induction process.
· The course is open to teachers in all schools who are interested in mentoring newly qualified teachers and/or being a professional support team member. Each participant must be fully registered with the Teaching Council and must have a minimum of 5 years teaching experience.
· Attendance at and completion of this course will not guarantee membership of a professional support team. Professional support team membership is at the discretion of the principal. Participants are required to complete the full 20 hours of the course to be deemed a trained PST member.
· Please note that in the event that this course is oversubscribed, preference will be given to the following:
· Teams from Special Schools and teams from schools with administrative principals
· Teachers in schools already engaging in the Droichead process and whose PSTs have beendepleted due to attrition of staff
· Teachers in schools engaging in the Droichead process wishing to augment their PSTs
· Course Code: 1435
· Course Date: 1st - 5th July 2019
· Course Venue: Limerick Education Centre
· Course Tutor: NIPT Team
· Registration Fee: There is no registration fee
· Closing Date: 10th May 2019 (Successful applicants will be contacted by 17th May 2019)
· PleaseClick Here to Register
|Course Date||01-07-2019 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||05-07-2019 2:00 pm|
|Location||Limerick Education Centre|