This course will enable teachers to:
● Become neutral observers of children’s literacy behaviours in order to plan their teaching.
● Use assessment to scaffold children’s learning.
● Develop, deliver, set up and monitor a balanced literacy programme in the Infant classroom making full use of the primary language curriculum
● Develop deliver set up and monitor a Lift off to Literacy Programme linking this to the Primary Language curriculum
● Facilitate an effective guided reading and writing session.
● Support children to effectively and efficiently process a text and derive meaning from the text.
● Use the internet as a professional development resource
● Become proficient in the use of the web based apps
● Identify what is going well in their schools in regard to literacy and how to devise a plan to improve areas in need of attention
● Deepen knowledge and awareness of planning in terms of matching outcomes to set literacy targets as per the English Curriculum
● Set up monitor and implement SGLI in their own schools
Tutor - Rosie Hogan
Before you finalise payment for your course, please note the following:
All our summer courses are booked on the condition that the course fee is non-refundable. Course Fees are not transferrable to another teacher. Unfortunately, if you wish to cancel your place on one of our courses or you are unable to attend the course, we are not in a position to refund fees.
In the event that the minimum number of participants required do not apply then the Centre will be obliged to cancel the course and all monies will be refunded in full.
|Course Date||01-07-2019 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||05-07-2019 2:00 pm|
|Location||St.Mary's Convent Primary School Nenagh|