The dictionary definition of Wellbeing is about being happy, healthy and comfortable. Stress and mental health problems are reaching epidemic levels in the world today. Wellbeing is the antidote. Its importance is being recognized in all arenas of life - at work, at home, in business, politically and in schools. Giving children, the adults and leaders of the future a strong foundation in wellbeing and what it takes to create and maintain positive personal wellbeing is an essential life skill. This course will give participants a strong foundation in personal wellbeing and tools and strategies to promote it with their students and in their classroom and schools.
The main objectives of the course are to:
1. Equip primary teachers and principals with tools, understanding and insights to boost wellbeing in their own lives
2. Give participants an understanding of the different aspects and holistic nature of wellbeing which will assist them in developing and implementing a School Self- Evaluation as outlined in the DE Wellbeing Policy Statement and Framework for Practice 2018-2023
3. Give teachers and principals the tools to boost the wellbeing of the children in their classes as part of the SPHE and the PE curriculum.
4. Give them the tools to educate the children about wellbeing and empower them to boost wellbeing in their lives
5. Offer practical ideas, activities and resources (including, meditation, yoga, relaxation practices) to nurture teacher and child wellbeing within the school
The course is designed to be as experiential as possible and will use different practical exercises to boost wellbeing and reduce stress throughout. The course will also give many additional references of other wellbeing resources available today.
About Calodagh: Calodagh McCumiskey is an accredited thought leader in Wellbeing. She has been practicing meditation and mindfulness daily for over 12 years and teaching for 9. Recent clients include: Danone, Kerry, WWETB, Equifax, Irish Wheel Chair Association Carlow, Wexford Education Centre, Athlone Education Centre, Wexford Chamber of Commerce Skillnet, Carlow Kilkenny Skillnet, Visit Wexford and more. To learn more about Calodagh and her work, visit: www.spiritualearth.com.
Before you finalise payment for your course, please note the following:
All our summer courses are booked on the condition that the course fee is non-refundable. Course Fees are not transferrable to another teacher. Unfortunately, if you wish to cancel your place on one of our courses or you are unable to attend the course, we are not in a position to refund fees.
In the event that the minimum number of participants required do not apply then the Centre will be obliged to cancel the course and all monies will be refunded in full.
If you are not receiving email notifications regarding course bookings etc you may have unsubscribed from transactional emails. Please re-subscribe here Resubscribe and fix my email notifications (You will not be added to any newsletters or marketing.)