The overall aim of this trauma informed course is to empower teachers to be the agent of change in helping the dysregulated child to regulate within the school environment and beyond.
Participants will learn:-
- Psycho-education on overwhelm and trauma, the impact on the brain and related symptoms and behaviours.
- To understand and manage challenging behaviour, from big feelings, to temper outbursts and anxieties.
- To recognise triggers and how to respond in a child centred way to enable regulation.
- To design and use classroom management strategies to create an atmosphere that promotes regulation rather than dysregulation.
- To set limits and boundaries without shaming.
Course eligible for EPV days.
Before you finalise payment for your course, please note the following:
· All our summer courses are booked on the condition that the course fee is non-refundable.
· Course Fees are not transferrable to another teacher.
· The course is offered via Zoom and you must use the email address provided at the time of booking to attend.
· You are not permitted to record or screenshare any portion of the online course without the prior written permission of the Director.
· Unfortunately, if you wish to cancel your place on one of our courses or you are unable to attend the course, we are not in a position to refund fees.
· In the event that the minimum number of participants required do not apply then the Centre will be obliged to cancel the course and all monies will be refunded in full.
Aideen Flynn has worked with children in educational settings for 20 years, starting as a mainstream primary teacher, moving into SEN working specifically with children with an ASD diagnosis and then with children with complex needs.
Aideen is now a child and adolescent psychotherapist helping children, parents and teachers work together to enable the struggling child be the best he or she can be.
Aideen has her own private practice; “The Treasure Within” in Quin, Co. Clare and also facilitates parenting workshops and trauma informed teaching workshops both locally and nationally. The focus of all workshops is to empower the participants to be the agent of change in their child’s struggle. In each facilitation, the participant receives a multi-layered approach of theory and experiential learning.
Aideen is an accredited member of the Irish Association of Playtherapists and Psychotherapists.
|Course Date||08-07-2021 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||14-07-2021 2:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||05-05-2021 4:00 pm|
|Cut off date||07-07-2021 12:00 pm|