Main Objective of Course:
Restorative Practice (RP) is a philosophy and a set of skills that build and maintain relationships and, when the need arises (as it will from time to time), helps you respond to conflict. In many ways RP is things you do, and includes values you have, already but just never thought about. This course will help you look at the language you use and how small tweaks can make big changes. It will look at skills like circle practice and restorative questions that give really clear strategies for you to use to get the most out of your students, and your wider life. It will familiarise you with other really important concepts like shame and fair process and it will explain how all this is compatible with recent developments in trauma informed approaches and mindfulness. It will also explain how these skills can be, firstly, learned on an individual basis and then, where possible, on a whole-school basis. The course is designed to be as experiential as possible and to use RP practices to teach RP throughout.
Before you finalise payment for your course, please note the following:
· All our summer courses are booked on the condition that the course fee is non-refundable.
· Course Fees are not transferrable to another teacher.
· The course is offered via Zoom and you must use the email address provided at the time of booking to attend.
· You are not permitted to record or screenshare any portion of the online course without the prior written permission of the Director.
· Unfortunately, if you wish to cancel your place on one of our courses or you are unable to attend the course, we are not in a position to refund fees.
· In the event that the minimum number of participants required do not apply then the Centre will be obliged to cancel the course and all monies will be refunded in full.
|Course Date||01-07-2021 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||07-07-2021 2:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||05-05-2021 4:00 pm|