This is an Online Course
Tutor: Conor Hartigan
Thursday, Friday, Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday 1st to 7th July 9.30am to 2.00pm
This course is primarily designed for primary and post primary school learning support / resource teachers who work with pupils who have special educational needs (S.E.N).
Assistive Technologies include any technology can assist students with disabilities to overcome barriers within their educational environment.
This course is focused on providing teachers with an opportunity to learn about using different types of Special Educational technology/Assistive Technology(AT) to support these pupils’ learning needs within a classroom setting, and to provide practical training in the use of these technologies.
The course serves to cover the following topics:
• Identify assistive technology strategies for pupils with dyslexia and other learning difficulties;
• Explore the concepts of Assistive Technology software – Free and professional software;
• Investigate AT hardware to support pupils with learning difficulties;
• Examine the theory of Universal Design for Learning (U.D.L.);
• Research special educational software categories and the most popular assistive technologies, such as Read & Write Gold, Claro Read, apps, mind mapping and more;
• Create classroom resources using general and existing technologies to support the learning needs of pupils with learning difficulties.
• Utilise the School Self Evaluation framework to identify gaps in special educational provision using ICT and AT.
Course eligible for EPV days.
Before you finalise payment for your course, please note the following:
· All our summer courses are booked on the condition that the course fee is non-refundable.
· Course Fees are not transferrable to another teacher.
· The course is offered via Zoom and you must use the email address provided at the time of booking to attend.
· You are not permitted to record or screenshare any portion of the online course without the prior written permission of the Director.
· Unfortunately, if you wish to cancel your place on one of our courses or you are unable to attend the course, we are not in a position to refund fees.
· In the event that the minimum number of participants required do not apply then the Centre will be obliged to cancel the course and all monies will be refunded in full.
|Course Date||01-07-2021 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||07-07-2021 2:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||05-05-2021 4:00 pm|