• Review of appropriate SEN policy templates
• Potential of 6 step SSE process to be applied in the improvement and development process.
• Identification of the stakeholders to engage in the reviewing of current policy & practice in SEN.
• Selection of suitable data collection methodologies (reflective questionnaires, focus groups, interviews
• Collating and analysing data, summarising concerns, prioritising areas for focus and development
• Setting of targets, strategies and actions to be undertaken.
• Roles of various school teams and personnel in the implementation of the revised SEN policy
• Mechanisms to monitor the implementation process and to evaluate the impact of the revised practice and procedures going forward.
Learning Outcomes -
The teachers will
1. Become familiar with the essential elements of an effective SEN policy in primary schools.
2. Identify aspects of their own schools SEN policy and practice requiring review and updating.
3. Become aware of the benefits of developing school policy through a collaboratve approach involving all relevant stakeholders.
4. Become familiar with the various mechanisms available for successfully reviewing, updating and implementing SEN policy including the 6 step School Self-Evaluation (SSE) cycle and the Inclusive School Framework.
Facilitator: Dr Celia Walsh
Dr. Celia Walsh is a former SET, Primary Principal & Director of Waterford Teachers Centre. She completed her M St in SEN in Trinity College, while her Doctoral research at Dublin City University examined the leadership and management of SEN provision in mainstream primary schools. She lectures part-time in educational leadership at the University of Limerick, while also providing online CPD in SEN through the Education Centre network and facilitating school staffs in developing effective SEN policy and practice. Her areas of educational interest include teacher professional networks, promoting school inclusion and developing effective school leadership.
If you are not receiving email notifications regarding course bookings etc you may have unsubscribed from transactional emails. Please re-subscribe here Resubscribe and fix my email notifications (You will not be added to any newsletters or marketing.)
Monday to Friday
8:30am – 5:00pm
Out of hours and Saturday Bookings - Available upon request