Aimed at: Infant teachers and first class teachers in the primary school. SNA’s could come as well.
3 Night Series - 02/09 and 16 November 2021
1. To practically plan for and manage behaviour in the infant room by looking at rules and routines; student teacher relationships; trauma informed education and emotional literacy
2. To incorporate whole class strategies and individual strategies in order to promote positive behaviour in class and on the yard
3. Looking at opportunities to teach play and social skills in the infant year and how these skills will improve positive behaviour in class.
4. Using picture books; Aistear and other classroom activities and resources to promote emotional literacy and wellbeing
5. What is Classroom support; School support; school support plus? Exploring planning for managing behaviour.
6. To give teachers a chance to discuss their own situation and ask questions about their own classes (mindful of GDPR and keeping school name; child name anonymous)
Facilitator: Sarah Mackey
Sarah has worked with the NCSE for three years as a Primary behaviour Advisor and has now returned to full time teaching senior infants. She will continue working as a part time associate with the Primary Behaviour and Well Being Team in the NCSE this year. These courses are ones that she would see are really needed from travelling around Ireland over the past three years working with and training teachers in the area of behaviour and wellbeing.
|Course Date||02-11-2021 4:30 pm|
|Course End Date||16-11-2021 6:00 pm|