This course is aimed at all teachers and SNAs in the Primary School sector.
1. To outline the sensory system and how it affects us all, not just children with Special Educational Needs
2. To enable classroom teachers and SET to plan for, implement and assess sensory and/or movement breaks in the classroom; in the SET room and in a halla/outside space
3. To demonstrate resources and items that might be useful for teachers in planning sensory and/or movement breaks
4. Working with an OT report
5. To give teachers a chance to discuss their own situation and ask questions about their own classes (mindful of GDPR and keeping school name; child name anonymous)
Facilitator: Sarah Mackey
Sarah has worked with the NCSE for three years as a Primary behaviour Advisor and has now returned to full time teaching senior infants. She will continue working as a part time associate with the Primary Behaviour and Well Being Team in the NCSE this year. These courses are ones that she would see are really needed from travelling around Ireland over the past three years working with and training teachers in the area of behaviour and wellbeing.
|Course Date||19-10-2021 4:30 pm|
|Course End Date||19-10-2021 6:00 pm|