Teaching Drama in the Primary classroom doesn’t need to be stressful or daunting for teachers or students alike. Anything within reach can become a stimulus to create an interesting, fun, and educational drama lesson.
Using Drama in the classroom as a way of teaching, helps students learn academically, socially, emotionally, and developmentally. Drama provides children the opportunity to relate to their lived experience while also developing their imagination.
· You will learn practical ways to teach drama using materials and props you have in your classroom.
· Receive ideas on how to use simple stimuli to develop a drama lesson and expand it further.
· How to differentiate a lesson to cater for younger children to more senior students.
· Gain an insight how to link and integrate drama lessons and activities with other curriculum subjects.
· How to assess students' involvement in drama lessons.
This webinar will show you practical ways to teach Drama in your classroom from Infants to 6th Class. It will give you ideas and lessons that can be adapted for all ages and provide fun with a focus.
About your tutor
Emma Mc Grath is a Primary School Teacher who has run a school of Speech and Drama for over 10 years. She produces several children’s productions each year and examines and adjudicates drama students at a national level. She believes Drama can offer a platform for the budding young actor along with the shyer child and both can gain and benefit from Drama equally.
|Course Date||05-10-2021 6:30 pm|
|Course End Date||05-10-2021 7:30 pm|