The Process of Reviewing & Developing SEN Policy in Mainstream Primary School.
During this course we will be looking at the following areas:
· Discussion and review of appropriate SEN policy templates
· Potential of 6 step SSE process to be applied in the improvement and development process.
· Reviewing additional needs in our school given current circumstances.
· Identification of the stakeholders to engage in the reviewing of current policy & practice in SEN.
· Selection of suitable data collection methodologies (reflective questionnaires, focus groups, interviews
· Collating and analysing data, summarising concerns, prioritising areas for focus and development
· Setting of targets, strategies and actions to be undertaken.
· Roles of various school teams and personnel in the implementation of the revised SEN policy
· Mechanisms to monitor the implementation process and to evaluate the impact of the revised practice and procedures going forward.
Faciliator: Dr Celia Walsh
Dr Celia Walsh is a former SET, Primary Principal & Director of Waterford Teachers Centre. Her Doctoral research examined the leadership and management of providing SEN support in mainstream primary schools.
Her areas of educational interest include teacher professional networks, promoting inclusive models of SEN provision and developing effective school leadership.
|Course Date||04-05-2021 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||04-05-2021 8:00 pm|
|Speaker||Dr Celia Walsh|