This webinar provides an introduction to and overview of SEN provision in primary mainstream schools and is particularly relevant to newly appointed SETs. It addresses the following areas:
· The meaning of inclusion
· Resource Documents & Materials
· Safety Considerations in light of Covid 19
· Supporting pupils during school closures.
· The Continuum of Support Framework
· Collaborative Planning of SEN Provision
· Student Support Plans
· Models of Provision including in-class support.
· Monitoring of Progress
· Record Keeping
Facilitator: Dr Celia Walsh
Dr Celia Walsh is a former SET, Primary Principal & Director of Waterford Teachers Centre. Her Doctoral research examined the leadership and management of providing SEN support in mainstream primary schools.
Her areas of educational interest include teacher professional networks, promoting inclusive models of SEN provision and developing effective school leadership.
|Course Date||20-04-2021 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||20-04-2021 8:00 pm|
|Speaker||Dr Celia Walsh|