The world of working in COVID restrictions is busy, challenging and often exhausting for school leaders, teachers and SNAs. Many are operating in 5th gear all the time which leads to exhaustion, lack of joy and happiness and ultimately burnout over time.
This is a four week course where you will look in more depth at how to slow down from 5th gear and find the pause button so that you can meaningfully recharge your batteries and enjoy a healthy work life balance. The sessions will cover in detail:
· What is relaxation
· Different practices to calm the mind and relax
· The art of switching off
· The true cost of not switching off
· Learning to 'switch off' so you can 'switch on' properly
· Why online working is more draining and how to minimize energy expended in online meetings
· Stress, learning and the growth equation for peak performance
· The importance of Sleep and Common barriers to achieving it
· Top tips for working online effectively, productively and without getting exhausted
· Personal Action Plan
Dates of course are - 09, 16 and 23 March and 13 April 2021
The course will be facilitated by Calodagh McCumiskey, an accredited thought leader in wellbeing. Calodagh previously worked in very high stress situations during and in the aftermath of natural and man-made disasters (including war, tsumanis, earthquakes, HIV pandemics, floods and droughts) in Africa and Asia for 14 years. She is well-versed in strategies for building resilience, staying well and growing in complex and highly stressful situations - for both individuals and teams. You can learn more about Calodagh’s work at: www.spiritualearth.com. She also writes a weekly article on wellbeing for Independent News and Media owned regional publications around Ireland.
|Course Date||09-03-2021 6:30 pm|
|Course End Date||13-04-2021 8:00 pm|