Childhood Development Initiative (CDI) Restorative Practices Training
Are you interested in having stronger and happier relationships in your school, family, workplace and your community, and in being able to resolve conflict positively?
If you are, then read on!
Restorative Practice (RP) is both a way of being and a set of skills for building strong relationships and resolving conflict in a simple and emotionally healthy manner. Restorative practices help us develop and sustain strong and happy families, schools, workplaces and communities by:
· Actively developing good relationships;
· Stopping conflict escalating out of control; and
· Repairing harm caused by serious wrongdoing.
When you are using RP you are intentionally choosing to connect with people and actively promoting UNDERSTANDING and EMPATHY between people. You have HIGH EXPECTATIONS of yourself and others and you provide SUPPORT to yourself and others to meet those expectations. And you do things WITH others in a FAIR and RESPECTFUL way.
CDI’s Getting Started with Restorative Practices training course takes place over six sessions each session is 2 hours delivered Online via zoom. This training explains what restorative practices are and how the whole RP approach works. The training provides
· An overview of the origins and development of RP;
· The evidence of outcomes that can be expected from adopting RP; and
· An outline of the skills and strategies that are used when taking a restorative approach in our life.
When you have done this short course, you will be able to:
· Use Restorative Language – this is a way of talking that promotes empathy and understanding between people. Using restorative language helps us to build relationships and to stop conflict getting out of hand;
· Have Restorative Conversations – these are conversations we have if we have a problem with another person when either they have let us down or we have let them down. Sorting the problem out restoratively prevents conflict from escalating and really helps with keeping the relationship healthy; and
Facilitate restorative circles to actively improve group or classroom relationships.
All participants that complete this course will be issued with a CDI Certificate of Attendance.
Dates: 03/10/17/24 November, 01/08 December
Facilitator: Joe Power
|Course Date||03-11-2021 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||08-12-2021 9:00 pm|