The objective of this workshop is to support participants in the development of specific skills to enable them to effectively facilitate group meetings and learning events both face to face and online.
Participants will explore the core responsibilities of a facilitator and how to effectively guide a group to achieving its objectives through using a range of skills and techniques. They will also discover key best practices for keeping groups on track and engaged as well as how to deal with more challenging situations including a range of different participant types. Learning will be embedded through reflection, discussion and group exercises.
Key Learning Objectives
By the end of this workshop, participants will have:
· Explored the differences between facilitation, teaching, training and presenting.
· Understood why facilitation is such a critical skill in enabling adults to learn effectively.
· Discovered the core skills and responsibilities of an effective facilitator.
· Learned how to design and plan for a highly impactful facilitated event.
· Explored how to manage different personality types and specific difficult situations/behaviours during the facilitated event.
· Discovered how to keep on track and maintain participants’ engagement throughout the event.
· Developed an action plan for immediate implementation post this training.
Facilitator: Paul Dicker
Paul Dicker is a professional trainer, facilitator and executive coach. He specialises in the development and delivery of a variety of training programmes primarily in the areas of leadership, management and personal effectiveness. Having gained over 30 years of commercial experience in both London and Dublin working within financial services and consulting environments, Paul set up his own professional development consultancy in 2015 and has delivered training/facilitation and coaching services to a range of clients within the private sector across a broad range of industries. In addition, he has worked closely with a number of professional bodies in the Irish education field including schools, professional development services and the education centre network. Paul believes that working on our professional development and achieving our full potential brings with it a myriad of benefits including increased confidence, enhanced resilience and ultimately greater well-being, fulfilment and happiness. He looks forward to meeting you on this workshop.
|Course Date||05-05-2021 5:00 pm|
|Course End Date||05-05-2021 7:30 pm|