LEC Assist - ICT workshop - Read & Write Gold - U.L. Assistive Technology Centre
Aims & Overview
The aim of this course is to gain hands on experience and confidence using this software, Read and Write Gold from TextHelp.
During this training course, participants will be taught to use all the features of the software and how they relate to students’ use in the classroom.
Participants will benefit from the EATC’s trainers 15+ years of experience supporting students with specific learning difficulties using assistive technology.
Specific strategies on how to support students with learning difficulties(dyslexia, dyspraxia, etc. )in primary, post primary & third level will be demonstrated.
Additionally, participants will receive a full appraisal of this software in comparison with similar software and freeware.
Participants will also develop the skills and knowledge to learn more about the functions of the technology independently after the course.
Participants will learn to utilise the main features of this software, including:
• Text to speech
• Creating alternative formats - audio files & books
• Enabling Homophone support
• Utilising Spell checking
• Creating Vocabulary lists
• Verb checking assistance
• Utilising Highlighters & Summaries
• Colour enhancements for visual stress
• Trainers will provide freeware resources
as an alternative where available
Participants will need basic computer skills such as being able to open folders and programs; use Microsoft office; file documents’. Knowledge of specialist software or advanced skills is not needed.
• Participants should bring a USB key if they want to take a copy of the training notes and a trial version of the software.
• Participants can bring their own device if required, however all attendees will have access to a device with the latest software and apps.
|Course Date||03-04-2019 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||03-04-2019 9:00 pm|
|Location||University of Limerick Assistive Technology Centre|