PDST Digital Learning Framework Seminars to Embed Digital Technologies in Teaching, Learning and Assessment (Primary)
Dear School Principal
The Professional Development Service for Teachers (PDST) is commencing its professional development programme for the Digital Learning Framework and supporting Guidelines for all primary and post primary schools. The Digital Learning Framework (DLF) was launched in the 2017/2018 school year as part of a trial with 50 schools and evaluated by the Education Research Centre (ERC).
As part of the next phase, PDST is offering full-day seminars for the school principal and one other member of staff. These will be delivered in local education centres throughout the country. Details regarding seminars specifically designed for special schools will follow shortly.
The seminar will provide participants with opportunities to
- empower and enable school leaders and digital learning teams to effectively embed the use of digital technologies in schools, emphasising a constructivist pedagogical orientation.
- explore, through the use of the six-step process and the sharing of good practice, how the DLF can support the embedding of digital technologies in the school context.
- raise awareness of the supports PDST and PDST Technology in Education can offer in embedding digital technologies in teaching, learning and assessment
In addition, participants will be invited by the Educational Research Centre (ERC) to complete a short (5-10 minute) questionnaire during the seminar asking about:
- digital resources currently available in the school, and
- initial thoughts on embedding digital technologies in teaching, learning and assessment in the school.
We will ask you to please contact your education centre as soon as possible to reserve a place. Places are strictly limited, so we will not be able to accommodate anyone who has not booked in advance.
The Department of Education and Skills will provide substitute cover where required.
We look forward to meeting you at these seminars.
Ciara O’ Donnell
|Course Date||28-01-2019 9:30 am|
|Course End Date||28-01-2019 3:30 pm|
|Location||Limerick Education Centre|