Limerick Education Centre is one of a national network of 21 full-time Education Centres. The centre has been operating since the 1970's and has grown in strength and function since those earlier days. Limerick Education Centre is one of an national network of 21 full-time Education Centres.
- To provide a meeting place for the dissemination of knowledge and information to all teachers, especially by the organisation of courses, seminars, conferences, lectures, debates, symposia and all other means subject to the approval of the committee.
- To encourage fruitful links with and between the different levels of education.
- To act as a resource centre which would enable teachers to prepare and construct equipment and materials for use in their own schools and in addition to facilitate the display of teachers’ and pupils’ work and materials for use in their own school and to provide for a display of textbooks, materials and equipment.
- Co-operate and engage with other Education Centres, full and part-time, so as to ensure that an effective network of centres is established.
- Plan for the development of expertise in key areas and to share such expertise throughout the Education Centre Network and the education system in general.